Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lack-Of-Service Provider

| Working | March 3, 2017

(I get a bill from a cable service provider I haven’t had in nearly two years. Naturally, I call them up and have been on the phone with this rep for nearly 20 minutes.)

Representative: “Okay, so I’m seeing the bill here. It looks like it’s mostly overdue fees, but if you pay today I could get some of them waived!”

Me: “That’s lovely, but I haven’t had this service in—”

Representative: *cutting me off* “Yes, it was cut off due to nonpayment.”

Me: “No, you don’t understand. I—”

Representative: “Ma’am, you have to pay to have the service. You didn’t pay.”

Me: “There shouldn’t have—”

Representative: “How would you like to pay today?”

Me: *frustrated* “What’s the date on the bill?”

Representative: “September 2016. Are you refusing to pay?”

Me: “Well, since I ENDED my account with you in October of 2015 because I moved out of state, I’d say yes, I’m refusing to pay.”

Representative: *clearly not listening* “If you continue to refuse payment your service will not be turned back on, so—”

Me: “Transfer me to your supervisor and I hope like h*** this conversation was recorded.”

(Eventually I managed to get a higher-up on the phone and explained without interruptions and got the bill dropped in ten minutes.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!