Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Konnichi-woah

| Right | February 22, 2013

(I work in a tourist souvenir shop. On this day, we receive much-needed maple products, including maple candy, syrup and the like. I am busy labelling the new stock as my coworker receives the stock.)

Me: “Well, I know there will be Japanese tourists in today.”

Coworker: “…Huh?”

Me: “Last time we got our maple shipment in, we sold half of it before it was all completely in the system. They just seem to know when we have it. The Japanese tourists just have a sense for it. We’ll be busy tonight.”

Coworker: “Oh, really?”

Me: “Yep, just you wait…”

(An hour later, two Japanese tourists come into the store and take a look around as we are busy working. When they are finished, both come up to the counter with baskets of maple syrup bottles. Once I’m finished helping both of them, I turn to my coworker.)

Me: “Well what have you got to say to that?”

Coworker: *not believing me* “No comment.”

(About twenty minutes later, I hear the door open, but it doesn’t shut immediately. Curious, I look up in the direction of the door.)

Me: “Oh, look, they brought friends!”

Coworker: *looks up and at the front* “Holy crap!”

(A group of about nine Japanese tourists walk in, all immediately heading for our ‘maple’ section of the store. Due to the small size of the store, it is a lot of people to have in at once. We help them as best we can. Despite there being a huge language barrier, I recognize some words and we are able to help each one of them as they patiently wait their turn in line. Once they are all finished and things are once again quiet, I turn once again to my coworker.)

Me: “So, you believe me now?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!