Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Knows No Better Than Letter

| Working | July 1, 2014

(I work correspondence for a department in a call center. I do both emails and letters, but I do them at different parts of the day. When an employee sends a letter or email request to the wrong place, it slows both me and their mail down. After several in the same day, I send a communication to my coworker to remind him of the procedure.)

Me: “Hey, [Coworker], please remember to send all letters to [letter inbox location].”

Coworker: “Some of them automatically go to [email inbox].”

Me: “Okay, which? I can get that fixed.”

Coworker: “All of the emails.”

Me: “But which letters?”

Coworker: “All of the emails. It’s just the way emails go.”

Me: “But which letters automatically go to [email inbox]?”

Coworker: “All of the emails.”

Me: “… I am not talking about emails. I am talking about letters. You know: print them out, fold them up, put them in envelopes?”

Coworker: “When I send an email letter, it goes to [email inbox].”

(At this point, I grabbed a letter off my desk, got up, and walked over to his desk to explain the difference between emails and letters. I wish it was the first time I had to explain something that simple to a coworker.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!