Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Going To Be A Long(bottom) Day

| Working | October 3, 2016

(I am a very, very, VERY shy, easy to be embarrassed, but mature thirteen-year-old girl going to physical therapy for a pectoral strain. I have been going for a few months, and every month, they place me with a tiny, sweet, Russian woman PTA. I am really only comfortable with her, as the place of the injury is very near my left breast. It even says this on my chart. Along with this, I am extremely literal at times and I don’t follow directions well. One day, they put me with a man, much to my extreme discomfort.)

Man PTA: *gives hard to follow instructions*

Me: “Like this?” *does exercise wrong*

Man PTA: *rolls his eyes* “No. Like this.” *shows me then rolls his eyes again*

Me: “I apologize, but you did not make clear what you wanted me to do.”

(The PTA doesn’t respond, so I assume he thinks I’m stupid. Note: this is a common misconception of mine, thinking that someone is mad at me, thinks I’m stupid, doesn’t like me, etc. Then, this happens.)

Man PTA: “You’re very intelligent, aren’t you?”

Me: *caught off guard* “Uhm, well, I like to think so…”

Man PTA: “So you get good grades?”

Me: “Yes. I don’t often get under a low A.”

Man PTA: “Oh, you can do anything with those grades! Can’t she?”

(Another PTA walks up, the one that I was comfortable with.)

Woman PTA: “Yup.” *walks away*

Man PTA: “Are you in high school?”

Me: “Yes.”

Man PTA: *overly obnoxious* “Oh, yeah! Those are the best days of your life coming up! I don’t think I even went to most of my classes!”

(I am in no means a slacker. I absolutely love to learn.)

Me: “Oh.”

Man PTA: “Are bullies still a thing?”

Me: “Well, I wouldn’t know really, as I’m homeschooled.”

Man PTA: “Well, that’s a little biased then, isn’t it?”

Me: “Pardon me?”

Man PTA: “Well, your mom is your teacher, right?”

Me: “Yes.”

Man PTA: “Then doesn’t she just give you good grades, no matter if you do badly or not?”

Me: “Well, no. That’s not how it works. My grades are computer generated. And regardless, my mom’s not there to pity me. If I get bad grades, it’s my own fault.”

(He shrugs like he hasn’t just insulted me.)

Man PTA: “What do you like to do then?”

Me: “I enjoy writing.”

Man PTA: “Cool, what kind?”

Me: “Fantasy, mostly.”

Man PTA: “Oh, cool. Wait, have you read Harry Potter?”

Me: “Yes.”

(I am a huge Harry Potter fan.)

Man PTA: “Can you, like, write a story about that? Like, the Nevilles. What happened to them? Like, why are they crazy?”

Me: “Uhm, the Longbottoms were tortured to insanity by Death Eaters.”

Man PTA: “Whatever.” *walks away*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!