Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Kite-Running Off Your Mouth

| Learning | July 26, 2015

(For a project based on the book The Kite Runner, two of my classmates have made paper kites decorated to represent the story. It should be noted that I go to a Catholic school.)

Teacher: *after the presentation on the kites ends* “All right, show us how they fly!”

Student #1: “Um, we didn’t make them to fly.”

Teacher: “Come on, come on, let’s see it.”

Student #2: “It’s not going to work.”

Teacher: “You made kites; let’s fly them!”

Student #1: “We could try it out the window, I guess.”

(They try it. Sure enough, the heavy kites both drop like rocks and end up in the bushes outside the school. A month or so later, another class is doing projects on the same book. Someone brings in his project before my class begins.)

Student #1: *as teacher enters* “Mrs. [Teacher], someone brought in his Kite Runner project.”

Teacher: “Thank you. Hey, did I ever tell you about those kites that were duds? These students supposedly made kites, but…”

(She continues the story. We are all squirming uncomfortably.)

Student #2: “Uh, Mrs. [Teacher]… that was us.”

Teacher: “Oh, my god! That was you! I, uh, I don’t usually talk about you guys… Let’s start class. Someone pray.”

Student #2: *solemnly* “Dear Lord, please help us not to make fun of others’ kites. Amen.”

(He got away with it. The teacher must have been really embarrassed to be caught gossiping!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!