Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Kernel Panic

, , , , | Right | June 15, 2012

(I’m working at my local electronics store as a technician. A customer in her mid-30s walks up with a laptop.)

Customer: “There’s something wrong with my laptop screen. It’s all screwed up!”

Me: “Screwed up like how? Can you please be more specific, ma’am?”

Customer: “I don’t know how to describe it. The picture’s all warped, and there are these funny multicolored lines on it.”

Me: “Well, let me take a look at it…”

(The customer sets the laptop on the counter and I turn it on. As soon as it turns on, it is obvious that the laptop screen is cracked.)

Me: “Wow! It looks like the screen has an internal crack in it. What happened? Did the laptop fall? Was it struck with something?”

(The customer looks at me sheepishly for a few moments, and then she responds.)

Customer: “Last night, I was online and I was eating pistachios. One of them had a really hard shell. So, I took the nut, set it on the laptop, and closed the lid on it so the shell would crack.”

Me: “You tried to crack open a nut with your laptop?!”

Customer: “Well, yeah. I didn’t think a pistachio would break my laptop!”


This story is part of the “I Can’t Believe They Thought That Would Work!” roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!