Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Keeping Close Quarters With Crazy

, , , | Right | February 6, 2018

(I work in a gas station in a small town. We have been pretty busy this particular day. A middle-aged man walks in. There are a few other customers in the store. The man wanders around for about thirty minutes without looking like he is going to buy anything, while other customers come in and out of the store. When he is the only customer in the store, he finally walks up to me.)

Customer: “Sorry for walking around so much; I didn’t want to startle any of the other people. See this?” *pulls out quarter from his pocket* “This is my lucky quarter that I use for lottery tickets.”

Me: “Oh! You want to get some scratch-offs? Which ones would you like?”

Customer: “That’s for my quarter to decide.”

(The man then steps a few feet back, and before I can ask what he’s doing, he throws the quarter at the scratch-off display case, making me jump.)

Customer: “Perfect! I’ll take three number-12s.”

(Stunned at his choosing method, I pull out three lottery tickets of his choosing.)

Me: “Is there anything else I can get you and your, erm, quarter?”

Customer: “Nope! Thanks.”

(He pays and leaves, leaving me baffled. Now I understand why he waited until there was no one else in the store!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!