Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Karma Is A Dish Best Served As A Casserole

, , , , | Working | February 16, 2018

(I’m shopping in one of the local thrift stores, not really looking for anything specific, just killing time. In the very long aisle that holds kitchen and glassware, I see a nice casserole dish on the top shelf. I’m six feet tall so this is easily within my reach. As I go for it, I hear a sharp voice behind me.)

Employee: “Can’t you read the sign? It says, ‘Ask for assistance for items on the top shelf.’”

Me: “Okay, sure. I can reach it, though.”

(This man might be 5’6″, but I doubt it.)

Employee: “No, you can’t! I’ll get the ladder.”

(He walks to the end of the aisle, mumbling, and returns with a folding step stool. He makes a big deal out of unfolding it, positioning it, and then climbing onto the first step. On this step, he is still shorter than me. He does not step up to the next, larger step.)

Employee: “What is it you want up here?”

Me: “The blue casserole dish.”

(He reaches for it and knocks over a vase. He pulls the dish down, knocking over another glass item, which rolls right off the shelf and smashes onto the floor. He thrusts the dish at me.)

Employee: “I hope you’re happy.”

Me: “Oh, it has a nick in it. Never mind.”

(I set it back on the top shelf and walked away.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!