Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Soda-mn Dishonest

, , , | Friendly | August 28, 2018

(My son and I go out for lunch to a fast food restaurant. You order at the counter but they bring out your food to your table for you.)

Me: “Can we please get two of the chicken sandwiches, two cups of vegetable soup, and just two waters, please?”

Cashier: “Of course. The water glasses are on the side of the soda fountains. That’ll be [price].”

(After paying we walk over to the soda machines, where we see the water glasses. I grab two and fill them both with water, and I get ready to walk to a table when a woman probably old enough to be my mother stops me.)

Woman: “You know, I always just ask for the water glasses and but fill them up with soda. I do it all of the time. I don’t know why you’re actually getting water; it’s just smarter to not pay for your drinks.”

Me: *shocked a stranger is telling me this* “Well, I agree with you on one fact; it is smarter to not pay for drinks. So we drink water, which is free. You, however, are scamming the system, and it may not seem like much to you, but it’s dishonest and wrong. I’m trying to set a good example for my son.”

Woman: “Well, I think I’m old enough to be your mother, young lady. That means I’m your elder, which means what I say is right! I’m not paying for overpriced syrup and water, so what I’m doing is saving money.”

Me: “No, what you’re doing is making this restaurant lose money, which will jack up prices for everyone. I respect my elders when they deserve it. Have a good day, ma’am.”

(As we walk away, my son turns around and actually wags his finger at her, and says:)

Son: “If you’re old enough to be my mama’s mama, then you’re old enough to be my grandma. And you should be ashamed of yourself!”

(I was a proud mama.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!