Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Say Hanukkah Matata And Move On

, , , , | Right | July 19, 2018

(This story takes place about a month before Christmas. We don’t order product for the store. It is a large chain, and the company determines what we do and don’t sell. I am just a sales associate at the time. Also, everything in the store is cheaper than $5.)

Customer: *walks up to me on the sales floor* “Do you sell anything for Hanukkah?”

Me: “No, I’m sorry we never got anything like that in.”

Customer: “Well, why not?”

(I explain to her the product situation and she gets angry.)

Customer: “This is ridiculous. How am I supposed to celebrate without [specific products]?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but there’s nothing I can do. You can try another store, but it may be a bit more expensive.”

Customer: “This is insane. I want [specific products] and I don’t want to pay a lot for them.”

Me: “Ma’am, again I’m sorry, but there is nothing I can do.”

Customer: “Well, a complaint needs to be made.”

Me: “I understand. If you would like to contact our corporate office–“

Customer: *cuts me off* “You want me to complain? That’s your job; you’re the one that doesn’t have what I need.”

Me: “You want me to complain?”

Customer: *now yelling* “Yes, you don’t have what I need and it’s your job to make sure that I get it. Take care of it now.”

Me: “Have a nice day, ma’am.”

(I turned around and walked away only to hear her complain to another associate.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!