Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Plain Stealing

, , , , | Right | February 18, 2016

(I am second in line at a coffee shop counter.)

Customer: “Can I please get a plain coffee, medium?”

Barista: “Sure, that’ll be [low amount].”

(The customer moves over and I am next.)

Me: “Medium pumpkin spice latte.”

(The barista takes my $5 or so and I move over with the first customer. She is standing really close to the place where the barista drops off the drink, hovering over the counter. I stand farther back to allow people to move between us to get to the seating area. Several minutes go by and the girl ahead of me leaves with a drink. I wait longer, noticing people behind me are getting their drinks before me.)

Me: *to the barista making coffees* “Hello, I was wondering if you’ve made a medium pumpkin spice latte yet? I’ve been waiting for almost ten minutes.”

Barista #2: “Yes, I put that out a while ago. Is this drink not yours?”

(He gestured to the counter where a plain coffee was sitting. Apparently, that girl deliberately ordered a cheap drink and stole the more expensive one when it came up so she didn’t have to pay full price.)


This story is part of our Pumpkin Spice roundup!

Read the next Pumpkin Spice roundup story!

Read the Pumpkin Spice roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!