Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Can’t See What A Freakin’ Creep You’re Being

, , , , | Right | September 9, 2022

I recently took a job as an optician in the vision center of a retail giant. I was a cashier for several years prior, and I have experience ignoring creeps on the other side of a register, but where I work now, I have to get kind of up close and personal to take measurements.

Last week, I had a “gentleman” about forty years my senior come in for new glasses. I had the worst luck with this guy.

He had his exam, picked his frames, sat down in front of me, and would not stop trying to flirt with me.

Customer: “Ooh, what’s your middle name? Is it Jo? No… Laura? Lily?”

Me: “Not even close, sir. Now hold this up and look at the green light.”

Customer: “Amy? Jo? Ann? Elizabeth? Jo? Lucy?”

Yes, he guessed Jo multiple times.

Me: *As emotionless as possible* “Still not even close. Look straight at the bridge of my nose.”

Customer: “Ooh, you don’t have to tell me twice.”

Me: *As quickly as possible* “Your glasses will be in within a week. How are you paying?”

His glasses came in a couple of days later. Of course, I was the only free person when that gentleman came in, and I had to bite my tongue as he made more comments, this time to his buddy.

Customer: “This is the girl I told you about. She won’t tell me her middle name. Maybe she finds me creepy. Aww, she isn’t laughing. Guess she does find me creepy.”

A couple of days later, he called in, and again, I had the displeasure of being the only person available at the beginning of the call.

Customer: “Yeah… the measurements must be wrong. These are crap.”

Me: “Okay, well, let me see what my coworker says. I’m putting you on hold.”

I asked my coworker to finish the call, and he told the guy to come in and he’d see what could be done.

He (thankfully) came in while I was off, but he left a note with a fake name saying how he doesn’t like my attitude but loves two of my coworkers.

His WIFE told my manager the correct name as they left.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!