Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Another Stupid Missed-Steak

, , , , | Right | January 16, 2018

Me: “Hi, this is [Restaurant] by [College]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Hi, I’d like to place a to-go order.”

Me: “All right.”

(I take the order. When it is ready, I take it to the to-go area. Then, the phone rings.)

Me: “Hi, this is [Restaurant] by [College]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, we just came, and there was no one at the to-go area.”

Me: “Oh, I left my station for a few minutes to get y’all’s order. It’s here for whenever you’re ready to pick it up; I shouldn’t be leaving anytime soon.”

Customer: “Well, we’re at the gas station now, so we’ll be there in ten minutes.”

Me: “All right.”

(I don’t leave the station for the next ten minutes. Then, the phone rings again.)

Me: “Hi, this is [Restaurant] by [College]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Is this the [Restaurant] at [Location at other side of town]?”

Me: *sighs* “No, ma’am; this is the one by [College].”

Customer: “Okay, forget it. I don’t want to drive that far!”

(The order wasn’t claimed, so I had steak for dinner!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!