Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Junk Mail Isn’t The Only Junk In The Office

| Working | May 17, 2016

(I have a new colleague. From her first day, I had instructed her to check her predecessor’s email daily as the company’s general email is linked to that account. She apparently checks, but no emails are forwarded to the rest of the staff for our action. I go to her desk to find out why.)

Me: “[Colleague], may I see what new emails have come in?”

Colleague: “No new emails have come in since August. I’ve been checking.”

Me: “That’s more than a month ago. You should have raised this.”

Colleague: “But this is previous staff. They should not have emails coming in.”

Me: “Previous staff or not, their account is still active. Furthermore, the company’s general email is linked to this particular account and should have even junk mail coming in. You get junk mail, don’t you? So this account should get some junk mails at least.”

Colleague: “How should I know? I’m not IT-savvy.”

(I walked away before I gave in to temptation to say something truly nasty and unprofessional.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!