Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Jon Snow Burger: For Those Who Know Nothing

, , , | Right | September 6, 2017

(I’m a manager at a very popular fast food restaurant. One of the cashiers comes up to me and says there’s a complaint. Being the manager, I go to the customer to handle it. The customer is already angry, and is more or less yelling everything.)

Customer: “There’s hardly anything on this cheeseburger! I want you to make it again! And I’m not paying extra!”

(Initially assuming the cheeseburger was made wrong, I apologize and go to throw it away. As I’m taking it back, I open it up and check it. It’s made perfectly. I go back to the customer.)

Me: “I’m sorry; I’m not sure what you need. This cheeseburger has everything it’s supposed to. Did you want a different sandwich?”

Customer: *pointing to the menu on the wall* “I want one of those!”

(The menu is digital and the pictures change. It does tend to show mostly fancier sandwiches, but they are labelled.)

Me: *glancing to the changing picture* “…did you want [sandwich that happens to be on the screen this second]?”

Customer: *as the picture continues to change* “I want what’s on the screen!”

(It’s at this point, I realize he has no idea what he wants, and is mad that his cheeseburger wasn’t as fancy as some of our other sandwiches.)

Me: “I’d be happy to get you what you want. The picture changes to show a variety of our sandwiches.” *I begin naming each sandwich as it appears on the screen.*

Customer: “Forget it! I’m never coming back to this [Restaurant] again!”

(I’m not sure what he expected. It’s a fast food place; a regular cheeseburger is the exact same in every one!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!