Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s What They Both Said

| Working | August 15, 2014

(I have just got off work on the overnight shift at a big box store. I am picking up a few grocery items before heading home. Among my items are a few cucumbers. The cashier ringing me up is a lady I was friendly with when I was a cashier a few years prior.)

Cashier: “Oh, you making a salad when you get home?”

Me: “Yeah. I like to eat something kinda light for my ‘dinner.’ I know its seven am but it’s dinner to me!”

Cashier: “True. Wow, these cucumbers are huge!”

Me: “Aren’t they? And those are two of the small ones. I don’t really like the big ones. The seeds are too big.”

Cashier: “And see, me? I like the big ones! I like a lot of seeds in mine!”

Me: “Well, go get you some when you get off. They are huge. I’m sure they’re full of seeds. And leave some little ones for me. These big ones are too much for me.”

Cashier: “Oh, yeah, I was just thinking I’m gonna have to go get some of these big boys.”

(I pay and gather my bags.)

Me: “Thanks, you have a good day. Oh, and by the way… I can’t believe we just had that conversation with straight faces!”

Cashier: *eyes get wide and bursts out laughing*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!