Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Job-Seeking And Found

| Working | September 6, 2016

(I am currently working as an accounts assistant for a housing association, in an office based in the business park west of the city. As I am not happy in my current workplace, I recently updated my CV to include my most recent work and sent it to some job agencies to see what else is available at the moment. One of them calls back.)

Agency: “Hi there, I am [Name] from [Job Agency]. I have had a look at your CV and have found a job I think you will be well suited for. Is now a good time to talk?”

Me: “Yes, sure, that’s fine. What is the role?”

Agency: “The role is working as an assistant in the accounts department for a local company where you will be…” *the agency worker starts listing almost everything I am already doing in my current role*

Me: “That sounds great and pretty much what I have been doing for the past few months anyway. Which company is it?”

Agency: “It is with one of the local housing associations. The only slight issue is they are based in [Business Park west of the city] and I know it can be a bit of a trek for some people. Is this something you would like to put me to put you forward for?”

Me: “Um… possibly. Can I just check though – is this with [Company I am currently working for]?”

Agency: “Yes! Sounds like you already know the area.”

Me: “Yeah… you have just offered me the chance to apply for my own job.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!