Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Jerked Into A Reaction

, , , , , | Right | July 17, 2020

After reading Not Always Right, I have decided that I won’t stand by if I witness other customers acting terribly to employees. This story is my first act of courage to that effect.

I’m in line at a popular fast food joint when an angry customer walks past the line and slams a burger container on the counter.

Customer: *Yelling* “I said no pickles!” 

Employee: *Shocked* “Excuse me?”

Customer: “I said no f****** pickles, and you put a pickle on my food!”

Employee: “Sorry about that. I’ll get it remade for you. What do you want on it?”

Smart to ask, to be sure there aren’t other specific requests.

Customer: “Are you that stupid?! I want a new burger with no pickles! And get your manager, I’m going to report you!”

I cut into his rant.

Me: “Why? Do you need to prove to some more people that you’re a jerk?” 

Customer: “What did you say?”

Me: “I mean, you’ve already proven it to everyone here.”

I gesture to the employees and us in the line.

Me: “Do you need a manager to put it on paper to make it official?”

Unfortunately, this story doesn’t end with cheers or the jerk customer slinking back. He started shouting at me as well as the employees now. I left with my hands shaking because I don’t like confrontation. I could hear him continuing as I walked away.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!