Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Jalapeño-No-No, Part 2

, , , , , | Right | January 20, 2023

One of the things we do as delivery people is pick up the phone to take orders. The phone rings:

Me: “Hello, this is [Pizza Store], [My Name] speaking. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Hello, [My Name]. I ordered two pizzas for my kids and myself today, and I have a complaint.”

Me: “Oh? I’m sorry to hear that. What’s the problem?”

Customer: “I got our pizzas, and one of them was perfect like always, but the other one has too many jalapeños on them! There are like seven on every slice! My kids don’t want to eat it now.”

Why would you order an explicitly spicy pizza (it’s stated very clearly on the website) if you know your kids don’t eat spicy things?

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. It’s very busy at the moment so it might have happened by accident.”

Customer: “I’m very disappointed. Is there nothing you can do, like send a new pizza or something? Because my kids don’t want to eat the other one now, either.”

Me: “I can ask; give me a second.”

I turn to the shift lead, who tells me we can’t send her a new pizza just because she thinks it’s too spicy.

Me: “I’m sorry. There’s nothing I can do. I’ll pass it on to the kitchen so they can keep an eye out for it in the future so things like this can be prevented.”

Customer: “I’m just very disappointed. Are you sure there’s nothing you can do?”

Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t think so.”

Customer: “That’s disappointing.”

She says this a lot.

Customer: “Well, thanks, I guess. I wish you could’ve done something.”

Me: “Like I said, I’m sorry. Have a good day!”

I must say this was the most ridiculous complaint I’ve had to deal with next to the person who got mad that she got the pizza that she ordered.

Related:
Jalapeño-No-No

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!