Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None

, , , , | Right | July 21, 2008

(A customer is trying to cancel a non-refundable reservation at a hotel…)

Me: “I apologize, sir, but we will not be able to issue a refund at this time.”

Customer: “I am a doctor and will have to attend to an emergency at that time. So, you need to refund me.”

Me: “Again, I apologize, sir, but as the hotel is unwilling to refund, we will be unable to refund you at this time.”

Customer: “Well, I guess I will just have to see you in court. I am a lawyer and I am going to sue you.”

Me: “Sir, as a lawyer, I am sure you read over the terms and conditions of your reservation. As I am sure you noted, this reservation is nonrefundable. If you’d like, I can review the terms and conditions with you…”

Customer: “The Catholic Church is going to curse you! I am a lawyer for the Catholic Church and I will tell the bishop to curse you!”

(At this point, I didn’t know what to say to this multi-talented doctor and lawyer for the Catholic Church.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!