Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I’ve Got A Good Fee-ling About This

| Right | July 28, 2015

(I am the treasurer of a small church. I notice that we are paying a fee for every check we write. I thought maybe the bank might waive the fee for a church, so I call.)

Me: “Hi, my name is [My Name], and I’m with [Church]. I was wondering if the bank would waive the fee we are paying on the checks we write, being a church and all?”

Branch Manager: “Gee, I don’t know. I’ve never been asked this before. Let me call down to the main office and see what they say.”

(30 minutes later, my phone rings. It’s the branch manager, but he thinks he is calling his main office.)

Branch Manager: “Hi, this is [Branch Manager] at the Edgewood office. I just got a call from a customer asking if we ever waive the fee for checks because they are a church?”

Me: *thinking fast* “Well, policy is that they must pay, but if they ask, we waive it.”

Branch Manager: “Okay, thanks.”

(10 minutes later, the phone rings again. This time the branch manager is actually calling me.)

Branch Manager: “Hi, this is [Branch Manager]. I talked with the main office and they said we could waive the fee. I’ll adjust your next statement.”

Me: “That’s great, thank you.”

(If she questioned what had just happened, she was never going to call the main office or the customer about it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!