Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Your Fault That It’s My Fault

, , , | Right | September 15, 2008

(This customer shows up at the store to pick up two rugs she had supposedly ordered, but I am unable to find them.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but I am having some trouble finding your rugs in the store. Did somebody give you a claim check or receipt when you bought the rugs?”

Customer: “No I ordered them over the phone.”

Manager: “Okay, ma’am, we are going to need some proof of your purchase because we can’t find the rugs you ordered.”

Customer: “WHAT? I don’t have time for this!”

Manager: “I’m sorry, do you remember what day you ordered the rugs or who you spoke to?”

Customer: “Oh, it was sometime last week. I don’t remember who I spoke to. Can’t you just get my rugs for me?”

Manager: I’m sorry, ma’am, but we don’t have any records of you ever ordering rugs from us. If you could wait just a moment I could check the system again and see if anything comes up.”

Customer: “I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!”

Manager: “Okay, we’re going to go upstairs and check our records a final time.”

Customer: *keeps yelling as we walk away*

(As we search for her rugs, she leaves the store. A little while later, she calls the store.)

Customer: “Hi! I was there earlier about some rugs I ordered. I actually ordered them from another store. I’m surprised that you didn’t know that!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!