Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Times Like This We Actually Feel Sorry For The Competitor

, , , | Right | July 10, 2020

I work at a call center placing orders for a major retailer. I am working with one woman who has trouble placing her order on our website. We came to the part where she has to tell me her card details.

It doesn’t go through; her information isn’t matching.

I advise her that she will need to contact her credit card provider and verify that all of her information is correct.

Customer: “But it is my information; they just extended my date and gave me a new card. Use it!”

Me: “Ma’am, I can’t put your card through; the information will not verify. It is possible that your credit card provider hasn’t got all of your information correctly updated. You just need to check with them and then contact us back with the correct information.”

Customer: “I don’t want to deal with all that; just make it work.”

Me: “The card will not work without that information. It is part of our security program. Without those details matching, we can’t use the card. It is for your protection.”

Customer: “Hmph! Everyone else takes it; why won’t you?”

Me: “It is part of the security, ma’am, to keep people who aren’t authorized from using your information. You need to verify it with your bank.”

Customer: “Well, this isn’t customer service! I’ll just take my business to [Competitor]. You just lost a sale!” *Click*

At least she won’t be calling back to complain that we used her card without her permission.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!