Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s The Wrong Cheese, Gromit!

, , , , , | Right | August 21, 2022

I work at the customer service counter, which typically handles refunds, exchanges, complaints, and other odds and ends, like cigarettes and lottery. A man comes up with a block of cheese still in its package.

Customer: “This is the wrong cheese.”

Me: “All right. Would you like to exchange it for another kind of cheese or would you prefer a refund?”

Customer: “I don’t want it.”

Me: “Okay, I’ll put through the refund for you.”

I take the cheese, enter the refund into the computer, and hold out the money we owe him.

Customer: “What? Where’s my cheese? I don’t want a refund.”

Me: “So, you want your cheese back?”

Customer: “Yes.”

I ring the cheese back into the computer, put the money back in the till, and give him his cheese back.

Customer: “Where’s my money?”

Me: “You said you wanted your cheese instead of a refund, so I rang it through again.”

Customer: “But it’s the wrong kind of cheese.”

Me: “So, you want to exchange it?”

Customer: “No. I don’t want to bother with it. I’m just telling you it’s the wrong kind.”

Me: “So… what do you want me to do?”

This still perplexes me, but he ended up throwing a little hissy fit and took his wrong cheese home again.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!