Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s The Perfect Size For The Seller’s Brain

, , , , | Working | January 6, 2021

I’ve seen a neat trick before where you use a foam mannequin head as a display stand for headphones. Many people paint or decorate them to fit their design. I use my headphones daily for work calls and they always knot themselves up or get in the way, so I decide to look online for prices.

I’m in luck; I find a “life-size,” “1:1” skull for sale. The price is the same as the mannequin head but will fit in perfectly in my office. I order it then and there.

Weeks later, after the arrival date passes, I get a parcel. It’s small — too small to be the head — but I get a bad feeling. I open it up and, yes, it’s a tiny version of the skull. I double-check to make sure it wasn’t my mistake and write to the seller. It is open-and-closed his fault, so I reckon this will be an easy return.

Me: “Hi, I received item [number]. It isn’t life-sized as described, it is damaged, and it is not the colour advertised. I would like a refund. Attached are pictures A, B, C, & D as proof.”

Seller: “Sizes are listed correctly in the advert.”

Me: “No, they’re not. Even if they were, the title says ‘life-size.’ Attached are screenshots.”

Seller: “It would cost you more to send it back to us. Why don’t you keep it?”

Me: “According to [Website]’s rules, [link], you are responsible for shipping when items do not match the description. Attached is a screenshot of the rules.”

Seller: “How about a discount? I can give you £1 off?”

I have had enough. Clearly, the seller has done this before and is trying all they can to weasel out of it, but I am not having it. I needed something life-size for a reason.

Me: “No, you refund me or pay for the return shipping. The item is useless to me; you advertised life-size and it is clearly not. The item will be going in the bin if not returned. Please process the refund or I will raise a dispute. I will not pay any amount for an item that I do not want.”

The next day, they processed the refund in full.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!