Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Stupid Season!

, , | Right | November 21, 2020

I work at a shoe store. Twice a year, we have major season changes — February for summer and August for winter. When this happens, we move all of the out-of-season stock to our “flex” areas of the department to clear away the walls for the new product. When this happens, at least 40% of our department looks completely empty, sometimes with paperwork hanging to indicate where the new merchandise will go.

We are in the process of setting new mods for sandals, beachwear, etc. when a young woman approaches me.

Customer: “Excuse me. How long has this store been open?”

Me: “A little over ten years.”

Customer: *Condescendingly* “And you’re still setting up the store?!”

She is gesturing to the empty walls.

Me: “We’re in the middle of a season change. We don’t carry summer stock and winter stock all year, so twice a year, they switch out.”

She gives me a look like she’s confused and also doesn’t believe me.

Me: “All retail stores do this.”

She doesn’t say another word, sneering at me while walking away.

Me: *To my coworker* “That has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever been asked.”

I get not understanding how retail stores work, but to think we’ve had empty shelves with no product for over ten years? That’s a new level of stupid.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!