Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Probably Too Late Anyway

, , , , | Related | January 25, 2022

My grandmother is a little out of touch when it comes to technology. Sure, she has an iPad, but she barely uses it for anything other than looking at news websites and watching Netflix. She’s had her desktop computer for about twenty years now; it still runs XP without any problems.

I recently took some pictures of local wildlife — deer, bears, and a robin’s nest that was made right outside my window — and emailed them to her through my photography business’s Gmail account. After a few days without receiving a reply, I call her.

Me: “Hi, Grandma. I was calling to see if you received the pictures I emailed you?”

Grandma: “I did, but I didn’t open them. I don’t have a Gmail account because I don’t want Google to have all my information.”

Me: “I sent them to your regular email, the one you use to email me.”

Grandma: “Why don’t you go back to using the account you emailed me from before?”

Me: “Because I made that one when I was fifteen years old, and I closed it when I was twenty. I use Gmail now, Grandma, because it’s more professional.”

Grandma: “I still don’t want Google having all my information!”

I gave up and got my mom to email the pictures to her, instead.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!