Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Okay; We Don’t Want To Talk To You, Either

, , , , | Working | December 20, 2018

(I have created an online order for pickup at the store. I set it for a weekday when I’d normally be closer to the store. It is Saturday, and I realize I’ll have time to make the drive to the store. I decide to call up to see if it would be possible to pick up that day. I dial and the phone rings.)

Employee: “Who are you waiting for?”

(I’m a bit confused but realize she must have picked up the wrong line and thought I had been on hold.)

Me: “Um, I need to talk to customer service.”

Employee: “Well, this is [Store]. Who. Are. You?”

Me: “Uh, well, I’m calling… You know what? Never mind. I don’t want to talk to you after the way you just answered the phone.”

Employee: “Okay.”

(I hung up the call and decided that I didn’t want the order anymore, so I called the corporate number. I was able to cancel the order, but was unable to leave a complaint because “all managers are in meetings right now.” I ended up issuing the complaint via social media, where I was informed that a manager would reach back out to me within 72 hours. They of course, haven’t.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!