Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

“It’s Off The Rack For You, Missy!”

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: Nameless-and-quiet | January 4, 2023

I’m a bridal consultant at a very popular bridal salon in my town. I have many years of experience and love what I do. Most of the bridal gowns in my shop are “special order”, meaning they must be ordered before they are made by the designer, and lead times can be anywhere from four weeks to eight and a half months. Not everyone knows this when they come shopping for a gown. That’s the whole point of me being there. I make sure we can get the dress in time, that any desired customizations or alterations are possible, and that the price is within the bride’s budget.

When this particular bride and her mother stepped into the store, they immediately went to the racks and started ripping through the neatly hung gowns.

Me: “Hi, I’m [My Name]. I will be your consultant for your appointment.”

This bride had a fairly short engagement — about four and a half months — and I knew that only some of the gowns would be available in time. As I tried to explain the process to her and her mother, she sharply cut me off.

Bride: “Just let us shop and leave us alone!”

I was STUNNED to be spoken to so rudely. So, I did as I as told: I left them alone, even when I saw them looking at dresses twice the bride’s budget that wouldn’t arrive until months after her wedding. I never took any of the gowns back to a dressing room or asked the bride if she’d like to actually try them on. Even after they stood by for a while, clearly waiting for me to take the bride back to the dressing rooms, I just continued on with my other work as if they didn’t exist.

Eventually, they realized that I had no intentions of acknowledging or helping them in any way, and they left without getting to try on any gowns.

The owner asked me about it after they left, and I told her the whole story.

Owner: *Laughing* “Good for you!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!