Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Not In Safe Hands

, , , , | Working | December 21, 2018

This is in the run-up to Christmas, and not surprisingly, I have a lot of online orders due for delivery. I work, so I specify my safe place is my neighbour — they don’t mind — and normally this works fine.

I check my online account to see what I’m still waiting on and find that two items I ordered a few weeks ago are showing as delivered, but I’ve definitely not received them.

I get the tracking number and go to the delivery company website. I find they have left my items in a “safe place.” They even include a photo of where this safe place was.

It was inside my full recycling bin as it was stood at the kerb waiting to be emptied along with the rest of the street’s bins. Even if they had bothered to leave a card to tell me, by the time I got home, it would have been too late anyway!

I’ve had a full refund, which doesn’t help given the items are now out of stock, but I cannot comprehend how someone can look at a clearly full-to-the-brim bin waiting outside and think that is a safe place to leave a package.


This story is part of our Recycling roundup!

Read the next Recycling roundup story!

Read the Recycling roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!