Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Not Cute How You’re Behaving

, , , | Related | September 1, 2018

(I have relatives over. They are not fond of my girlfriend because they consider her weird and childish. My dad and I are preparing dinner when I accidentally cut my finger.)

Me: “S***. Babe, can you bring me a band-aid?”

Girlfriend: *from upstairs* “Sure, hold on.”

(As soon as she leaves the room my dad pipes in.)

Dad: “How can you date someone who dresses like a twelve year old?”

Me: “She’s 23; she can dress however she wants.”

Dad: “And what grown woman collects stuffed animals?”

Me: “She likes cute things. Big deal. A lot of adults collect toys.”

(Before my dad can say another word, my girlfriend comes in with a band-aid, the cutesy kind.)

Girlfriend: “Here, sorry it took so long. I didn’t find any in your medicine cabinet so I got some from mine.”

Me: “It’s fine.”

Dad: “You’re a grown-a** man, you—”

Me: “Stop, just stop. I’ve had enough. It’s a band-aid; it’ll do its job regardless of how it looks. Another disrespectful comment, and you, as well as everyone who shares your attitude, can go check into a hotel.”

(The rest of the visit was thankfully without incident. We’re still not sure if we should tell my side of the family that we’re planning to get married.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!