Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Not A Good Day

| Working | March 23, 2016

(I am in the middle of a stressed day, running around like a chicken with no head. A lot of the customers have been giving me a hard time, and I am still new, learning everything. The phone rings for what seems to be the millionth time, and since I’m in a hurry, I use the abbreviated version of our greeting.)

Me: “Good day, this is [Hotel].”

Caller: *sighs loudly* “No, that isn’t how you’re supposed to answer!”

(It isn’t my manager. I’m wondering who it is that’s yelling at me. The caller continues to berate me. Finally, I’ve had enough.)

Me: “Fine! It’s a good day here at [Hotel]! How may I assist you?!”

(I slam down the phone. My coworker looks at me like I’ve gone crazy.)

Coworker: “Pranker?”

Me: “No, just some idiot trying to tell me how to do my job.”

(I was glad when the day ended. Later, I learned that it was actually the owner that had called!! Whoops! I wasn’t punished, by some miracle, but I decided the job was too stressful and quit a few weeks later. I kind of felt bad by the way I treated him, but he was very annoying.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!