Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Neny-a Business

| Working | April 26, 2013

(Note: my husband and I are huge Lord of the Rings fans, and as such my engagement ring is one of the rings from the book; my wedding ring is the one ring itself. This happens when a co-worker notices them for the first time.)

Co-worker: “I hate people who pretend to like things so they can look nerdy.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Co-worker: “You know the one ring is gold, right, not silver? You’re just a stupid fake fangirl trying to get attention. I know so much more about Lord of the Rings than you do!”

Me: “Yes, I know the one ring is gold, in fact my husbands wedding ring is in gold. However, I much prefer the colour silver on my skin. Plus it matches Nenya.”

Co-worker: “Who the f*** is Nenya?”

Me: “The ring of Water… Galadriel’s ring of power. It’s mentioned quite heavily in the books, but is only mentioned in the extended edition of the movie.”

Co-worker: “Whatever, now you’re just making things up.”

(The next day, he comes in first thing in the morning, and this happens.)

Co-worker: “So I looked it up last night. Turns out you were right about Nenya.”

Me: “Thanks, I think you owe me an apology.”

Co-worker: “I owe you nothing. Just cause you can use google doesn’t make you any less fake.”

(Lucky for me, he transferred to another department a month later. That didn’t stop him from calling me “Faker” whenever he needed me, though!)


This story is part of our Lord Of The Rings roundup!

Read the next Lord Of The Rings roundup story!

Read the Lord Of The Rings roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!