Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Like He’s Half Awake(boarding)

, | Right | March 11, 2017

I am on the management team of a large sporting goods store. I also have a neighbor with a boat who lets me come along on occasion to wakeboard.

During one of our wakeboard sessions his buddy tells me that last time he was in my store to buy a wakeboard handle and rope, the cashier thought they were a set and failed to charge him for the handle. I’m thinking this guys is an idiot for admitting this to me, but since I’m a guest on the boat I’ll just call it water under the bridge and not make a stink about it.

Flash forward a few weeks. I’m at work and get called to customer service to approve a return. It’s the buddy, and he’s got the handle that he admitted to me he stole, and he wants to exchange it because the grip is ripping. He even confirms those facts when I ask him specifically if this is handle he admitted to me he didn’t pay for.

Still an idiot.

I kept the handle. He walked away with a blank stare. I don’t get to go wakeboarding any more.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!