Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Crime For Dinner!

| Romantic | October 19, 2016

(This conversation takes place over the chat feature of a popular social networking site. I have recently accepted a friend request from a guy that I went to high school with, but never knew very well. It should be noted that if one were to actually look at my profile, it is obvious that I am in a long term relationship.)

Guy: “I just wanted to say that you’re absolutely beautiful.”

(I’m surprised, since this is the first I’ve heard from him in ten years, but decide to attempt to proceed graciously.)

Me: “That’s nice of you to say, thank you.”

Guy: “You’re welcome! How have you been?”

Guy: “I think you should go to dinner with me.”

Me: “That’s a kind offer, but I’m not sure my boyfriend would appreciate that very much. Know what I mean?”

Guy: “Yeah, but that would only apply if he knew. Just saying.”

Guy: “75% of relationships have one or the other cheat. I’m not asking you to cheat. Just go to dinner.”

(I was so astounded that I didn’t respond right away. An hour and a half later…)

Guy: “Was that a no?”

Me: “97% of statistics are made up on the spot.”

Guy: “That’s true but that’s a real stat.”

Me: “Thank you, but I am not interested in dinner.”

Guy: “Fine. But if anything changes, I really would love to take you.”

Me: “I haven’t gotten where I am by sneaking around and I’m not about to start now.”

Guy: “Well, you never know.”

(I stopped responding at that point. Some people just can’t take a hint!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!