Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Crazy Season(ing)

, | Right | August 15, 2013

(A customer has ordered a poutine, two large fries with seasoning and a rooter through the drive thru. My manager has informed me that it will take three minutes to cook up enough fries to fill the order, so I go to the window ask her to park her car while she waits.)

Me: “Hi, so there going to be three minutes to cook—”

Customer: “You forgot one of my drinks.”

(Her order was for only one drink, but I just pour her another drink rather than argue.)

Me: “There you go; sorry about that. It will just be three minutes for your fries—”

Customer: “Can I get some ketchup packets too?”

Me: “Sure I’ll put some in the bag. If you could—”

Customer: “Can I get them now?”

Me: “Here you go. So if you just want to—”

Customer: “Can I get some more?”

Me: “Sure. If you’ll go pull up in front of the building—”

Customer: “Can I get a container of seasoning too?”

Me: “Sure.”

(I go ask the kitchen for a container of seasoning. While I’m waiting, my manager gives me a puzzled look and glances meaningfully at the drive thru timer; I just shrug and grimace. The customer looks inside the container when I give it to her.)

Me: “Okay, so here you go. If you’ll pull up in front of the building, we’ll bring&mdash”

Customer: “Can I get a lot more seasoning?”

Me: “Sure.”

Coworker: “She’s not gone yet?!”

Me: “She wants more seasoning first.”

(My manager’s just shaking his head.)

Me: “So here you go. Just pull up and we’ll bring you—”

Customer: “Yeah, yeah. I know.”

(The customer drives through. At this point, she’s been sitting at our window for over two minutes, so her food is ready very quickly. I hand her the order out in the parking lot.)

Me: “Alright, so there’s your poutine, and two large fries. Sorry about the wait. Have a—”

Customer: scowls* “I hope no one spat in this!” *rolls up her window and drives away*

Me: “—nice day.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!