Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s An Obitual Hazard

| Right | April 26, 2017

(I work in obituaries and someone called to place one for their aunt.)

Customer: “So when do I need this in by to have this in the Sunday edition?”

Me: “The deadline is Friday…”

Customer: *interrupting* “HOW DARE YOU!”

Me: *confused* “Ma’am?”

Customer: “You are an insensitive, horrible person for saying that word! I have just lost someone very close to me and you use a term like that… What, are you trying to rub it in?”

Me: “Um… well deadline is a term we use often in the newspaper industry. I’m sorry to have offended you.”

Customer: “Ugh, fine. What’s the word limit?”

Me: “It depends. The cost goes up the longer it is.”

Customer: “What?! You would actually CHARGE me for that service?”

Me: “Yes, it costs money to have obituaries put in our paper.”

Customer: “You people are such opportunistic vultures, just waiting around for people to die so you can get as much money from their grieving families as you can! You are monsters!” *click*

Me: “Well, guess you won’t have it in by the deadline, then…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!