Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s All In The Delivery Zone

, , , , | Right | March 2, 2018

(The sandwich shop I work in during college is a chain famous for its speedy delivery. This means that the shop has a delivery radius; according to corporate, we can’t deliver outside that radius. I have been working there for about three months when this happens. The phone rings.)

Me: “[Sandwich Shop], how can I help you?”

Customer: “I’d like a [sandwich #1] with extra lettuce and no tomato, a [sandwich #2] with double meat, a bag of [flavor] chips…” *goes on with a very complicated order that involves several other sandwiches, all with modifications*

Me: “Okay, great. Can I have your address, please?”

Customer: “It’s [address].”

(As soon as she says this, I check it on the map above the phones and realize with a sinking feeling that she lives outside our delivery zone.)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we don’t deliver there.”

Customer: *suddenly very angry* “WELL, I NEVER. YOU DELIVERED HERE LAST WEEK; WHY CAN’T YOU DELIVER HERE NOW? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS?”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m not even qualified to cut bread. I have absolutely no say over our delivery zone.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!