Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s All In The Delivery, Part 3

, , , , , , | Right | February 14, 2023

I used to work as a supervisor in the customer service department of a supermarket in a well-off suburb in Melbourne. The store was on the corner of two streets, so our loading and delivery bay was on the side of the store, on the less busy street, rather than at the back of the store as is common.

We had many obnoxious, rich regular customers. The least favourite customer of the entire department was this guy.

Me: “Hi, [Customer], how can I help you today?”

Customer: “Close your d*** delivery door. It’s absolutely disgusting. Customers shouldn’t have to see that.”

Me: “Oh, sorry about that. We must be getting a delivery; I’m sure they will leave soon.”

Customer: “That’s unacceptable. I already said customers shouldn’t have to see that. That’s ridiculous. Customers should never see that. You shouldn’t ever open that door!”

Me: “The delivery bay door?”

Customer: “Obviously, the delivery bay door. I’ve already told you that.”

Me: “So, let me confirm. You would like for me to make them stop opening the delivery bay doors.”

Customer: “Finally!”

Me: “Okay, great, and how exactly do you propose that we get any products into the store to be able to sell them to you?”

Customer: “F*** off, smart-a**!” *Storms out of the store*

Related:
It’s All In The Delivery, Part 2
It’s All In The Delivery

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!