Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s All About Who You Don’t Know

| Friendly | May 25, 2017

(I’ve just finished walking my dog and have come out of the field onto a side road to walk home. Opposite me, standing still, is an older woman with several shopping bags. About 25m in front of her, walking the same direction as me, is a younger woman with her dog. I do not know either of these women and this is the first time I’ve ever seen the younger woman or her dog at the field.)

Older Woman: “Excuse me. Is that—” *mumbles something whilst pointing down the road towards the younger woman*

Me: “I’m sorry, is that what?”

Older Woman: *crossing street towards me* “Is that [Name]?” *points at younger woman*

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry, I don’t know. I’ve never met her before.”

Older Woman: “It looks like [Name]. Do you think it’s [Name]?”

Me: “I really have no clue, sorry.” *starts walking home again*

Older Woman: *now walking alongside me* “It looks like [Name]. You know… [Name]! She used to work at that animal charity shop in town. It really does look like [Name]; she said she was going to get a job with animals.” *suddenly yelling* [NAME]!”

(The younger woman turns around — apparently it was Name! — and seems to recognise the older woman as she stops walking and waves.)

Older Woman: “I told you it was [Name]. I’m so glad she’s still working with animals.”

(We’ve now got to the point where we’re parallel with the younger woman.)

Older Woman: “Do you want to say hello to [Name]? She’s very nice.”

Me: “Umm, no, I’m fine, thanks. I don’t know [Name]. Plus her dogs wearing a service dog in training harness so I’m going to keep my dog away as he can be a bit bouncy.”

Older Woman: “Oh… yes… that’s probably a good idea. [Name] was always good with animals and we don’t want her to lose her job if the training goes wrong. Well, thank you for your help!”

(The older woman then patted me on the shoulder and crossed over the road still calling out the younger woman’s name!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!