Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s A Dog’s Strife

, , , | Right | July 1, 2018

(I work at an animal kennel for dogs and cats. We also have a grooming service and I am one of the groomers. I receive a call at the end of my shift; I am the only one in the grooming salon at the time.)

Me: “Hi, this is [My Name] at [Kennel]; would you like to book an appointment for your pet?”

Lady: “I’d like to book a grooming appointment for my son on Friday.”

Me: “Is 4:45 okay?”

Lady: “Whatever, sure.” *she seems to have an attitude and be in a bad mood* “My son’s name is Tyler, and he’s a very bad boy.”

(I assume she calls her dog “son,” as most clients treat their pets as their babies.)

Me: “Haha… I understand the struggle. My poodle is a bad boy, also.”

Lady: “My Tyler always talks back to me and curses at me in public.”

(I soon become confused.)

Me: “Is your Tyler a dog?”

Lady: “Haha, kind of. He acts like one. Anyway, on Friday, I’d like him to be shaved, despite him arguing.”

Me: “Ma’am, you must be confused. This is not a barbershop; it’s a pet grooming salon.”

Lady: “Yeah, whatever.”

Me: “Ma’am… we can’t cut your son’s hair. We cut pet fur and hair.”

Lady: “What’s the difference?”

Me: “Humans and animals have their hair cut differently. We also don’t shave animals, unless the owner wants, which is rare. Ma’am, I’m sorry, but we cannot cut your son’s hair.”

Lady: *grows furious* “Are you kidding me?! I f****** wasted my time with you! You’d better get fired! I want to speak to your manager!”

Me: “Sorry, my boyfriend is home, sick.”

(She hung up right after I finish my sentence. She did come in on Friday with her son and her cat.)


This story is part of the Barber roundup!

Read the next Barber roundup story!

Read the Barber roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!