Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’ll Be With You In Two Shakes

, | Right | November 14, 2014

(Note that our milkshakes come in small and large, which are served in the small and medium soft drink cups. Our large soft drink cups have a different shape, so they can’t fit under the milkshake spinner. A customer approaches my register to order.)

Customer: “I just love your peach milkshakes! The large just isn’t big enough though. Why don’t you have them the same sizes as your drinks?”

(I explain about the machine.)

Customer: “Oh. So I can’t get an extra large milkshake?”

Me: “Well, we don’t sell that size. I’m sorry.”

Customer: “Can’t you figure out how to ring one up? I just love them so much and the large is never enough!”

(I have an idea and turn to ask my manager, who is over by the drive through. She agrees, so I come back to the customer.)

Me: “Well, if you want to buy a small and a large shake, I can then combine them into the big cup. It’s the same size ounce-wise.”

Customer: “Yes! Oh, yes, I would love that. Your milkshakes are just so good!”

Me: “Okay, that will be [price].”

(He pays and I go make the milkshakes. While I am, I can hear him telling other customers how awesome our shakes are and how excited he is. My coworkers are amused at me making two shakes and then dumping them into a huge cup. When it’s done, I turn back to the customer.)

Me: “Do you want whipped cream? I’m afraid the milkshake lid won’t fit since it’s not made for the bigger cup.”

Customer: “Yes! And that’s okay; I’ll drink it really fast.”

(I finish off his monster milkshake and hand it to him. He looks like a little kid who’s just met Santa.)

Customer: “Thanks so much!”

(He literally skipped out of the restaurant, drinking his shake.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!