Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Will Be Two To Three Days Before They Get It  

, , , , | Working | September 11, 2019

(I participate in this bookish group and we send packages out to each other once a month. It’s kind of a cheer thing. One of the big rules is to not ship stuff directly from whoever just because that kind negates the cheer portion of things. Due to reasons, I have to go into a [Big Chain Bookstore] to pick up a couple of things so that I can get things out to my sister on time.)

Me: *approaches help counter* “Hi! I’m wondering if you could help me out?”

Employee: “Sure! What can I do for you?”

Me: “I’m wondering if you have some books in stock?”

(We go through a list of a few books. A handful aren’t available in store currently.)

Employee: “Well, we can ship these to you in two to three days if you’d like.”

Me: “Sorry, it’s going to someone else.”

Employee: “Oh! Then we can ship it to them!”

Me: “Sorry, it’s part of a box I’m trying to send out.”

Employee: “Oh! We can ship them to you direct in two or three days.”

Me: “No, sorry. I’m getting ready to go out of town and I need this to be ready before I leave.”

(We finally find a book that’s in stock in store. The employee walks over and helps me find the book. As she’s handing it to me:)

Employee: “Are you a member with us?”

Me: “Yep.”

Employee: “Oh! Did you know you could have this stuff shipped to you in two to three days?”

Me: “Yeah… I just didn’t have time to wait for the two or three days for this. I actually have some stuff on the way that was delayed so I’m coming up with a backup.”

Employee: “Did you order from us?”

Me: “No.”

Employee: “Oh! You should have ordered from us; we could have shipped it to you in two to three days, and then you wouldn’t have had to wait!”

Me: “Thanks for the help!” *walks away quickly to another part of the store*

(I get that they’re trying to drive business or whatever, but I’d already told her I didn’t want anything shipped to me or my friend and that I was aware of the two- to three-day shipping.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!