Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Was Ms. Mustard, In The Drive-Thru, With The Packet

, , , , | Right | February 24, 2020

I am a third shift manager at a fast food place. On weekdays, we only have three people on the clock: a manager, a front counter person, and a kitchen person. I am doing my deposit, doing cash only, and I am wearing a headset in case my front counter employee needs help. I hear the beep of a car pulling up to a speaker, and I hear my employee greeting her and taking her order.

The customer asks for a burger with no mustard, some fries, a drink, and a couple of packets of mustard, which are only in a cart on the front counter. My employee repeats all of that and says to pull up to the second window for her total. I calculate the price and tell my employee. The customer pays, gets her food and drink, and drives off. She returns a few minutes, screaming into the speaker: 

Customer: “I SAID NO MUSTARD ON MY BURGER! THERE’S MUSTARD ALL OVER THIS THING!”

I turn on the mouthpiece of my headset and tell her to pull forward. I am by the window when she pulls up. Still yelling about no mustard, she tosses the burger at me.

I open the mangled wrapper and flip the bun top off. I start laughing as I see a thick layer of mustard, right by the flattened and opened mustard packet. The customer starts fuming. 

Customer: “WHAT’S SO FUNNY?! I WANT MY BURGER REPLACED AND A REFUND!”

I have great joy in telling her that she won’t be getting anything from me tonight.

Me: “Here’s your ruined sandwich, packet included, and good night.”


This story is part of the Drive-Thru roundup!

Read the next Drive Thru roundup story!

Read the Drive-Thru roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!