Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Was An Itsy-Bitsy Pound Zucchini

| Working | October 27, 2016

(I went to the store to pick up ingredients for dinner, which includes vegetables and canned goods. At the checkout, you can swipe your card to pay before the cashier has finished scanning everything. Just as the cashier is done weighing the zucchini, I notice that one of the cans is partially on the scale which of course would skew the price.)

Me: “I don’t think that was one pound of zucchini.”

Cashier: *pauses, looks back at the zucchini* “I don’t think it’s one pound either.”

(She attempts to void the zucchini, but as I’ve already swiped my card, the system won’t process it. After a moment she calls for help from a manager.)

Cashier: *to me* “This has never happened to me before.” *explains to manager*

Manager: “Well, let’s try this.”

(He grabs a can from the bags and gradually slides it onto the scale.)

Manager: *explaining* “We have to get the exact weight, or else it won’t void.” *slides can a little* “No.” *slide* “Nope.” *slide* “Nooooope.” *slaps can entirely on the scale* “Well, this isn’t working.”

(He eventually decides to finish checking me out, then processes the zucchini as a “defective product” return. And rather than starting a new transaction just for the zucchini, he bags them and hands me my groceries.)

Manager: “On the house. Okay?” *thumbs up as he starts heading back to his station* “Okay.”

(But then he’s not even there a second before some other cashier flags him down.)

Manager: *heading over there* “Why are you guys so needy?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!