Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Starts With A Total Lack Of Care And Then Takes A Sharp U-Turn

, , , | Right | CREDIT: AdInternational7920 | January 20, 2023

I’m twenty, and I have been working in the restaurant business since I was fourteen. I have seen numerous amounts of people come and go, both customers and coworkers. About four years ago, I became a server at the local small business, and I thought I’d seen how far people really take things. 

About five months ago, I had a party come into my restaurant with two adults and three children. They sat down in my section, and I already had a bad feeling about them. At first, when I went to start them off with drinks, one of them was on the phone, and both of the adults completely ignored me. So I asked again what drinks they’d like, and the kids started screaming out drinks.

Me: *To the adults* “Is it okay to give them those?”

Mom: “Sure, whatever.”

Me: “Okay. What would you like to drink, ma’am?”

Still no answer. I brought the kids their drinks, and I brought the adults water just in case.

Mom: “Do the kids’ drinks come free with their meals?”

Me: “Yes, as long as you buy them kid’s meals.”

I then left them alone for a few minutes to look over the menu.

I went back about five minutes later and told them that the kitchen would be closing in about twenty minutes, just so they wouldn’t be blindsided. They ordered, and I continued serving others and cleaning up for closing.

I brought out their food and they started eating. Mind you, they got a meal for each kid — so their drinks were free since they all got fountain drinks — and the adults got two meals each plus two drinks each — drinks they asked other servers for, thinking I wouldn’t add them to the check.

I went to check on them halfway through, and they said they didn’t like the food, so I asked if something was wrong with it; it was half-eaten.

Mom: “No, I just don’t like it and I wanted to try it.”

This was for both of their second meals.

Me: “Okay. Would you like me to throw it out?”

Dad: “Yes.”

So, I did.

The meal went on, and I dropped off their checks. I knew they were going to have an issue with it since I hadn’t taken off the second meals.

They called me over.

Dad: “Why didn’t you take off those meals?!”

Me: “I don’t have the managers’ code to do that.”

I actually did.

They asked for a manager, who went over to talk to them.

Manager: “We don’t take food off if you just don’t like it!”

They weren’t very happy with that answer. Then, they complained that I pressured them to get more food — as if that’s not my job — and threatened to walk out, screaming.

Dad: “I’m not paying for this s*** food!”

Mom: “Go ahead and call the police on me!”

Dad: “You are making me look like the bad guy in front of my kids!”

We called the police, who forced them to pay, and they were trespassed.

They called and threatened my coworkers and me for days after.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!