Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Must Have Been A New Moon

| Right | May 10, 2011

(This particular customer is a semi-regular who tends to loiter around the new age and paranormal sections. She has knee-length flowing blonde hair and is fond of hippyish clothing. Tonight, I notice her staring at me from a distance for a few minutes with a subtle, knowing smile.)

Me: “Hello, how are you today? Would you like any help?”

Customer: “Good, quite good. I don’t need any help, but can I just talk to you for a minute?”

Me: “Sure. What would you like to talk about?”

Customer: “You. I just have some questions about you. You work here quite a lot, don’t you? At night. I see you every night I come in.”

Me: “Yes, I do tend to work here Thursday and Friday nights.”

Customer: “I notice cause you’re so pretty. Such long dark hair and pale skin.”

Me: “Umm, thanks.”

Customer: “What’s your name?”

Me: “It’s [my name].”

Customer: “That’s a lovely name. A very old fashioned name. You don’t really hear it anymore.”

(By this point, I’m getting confused as I didn’t think my name was that uncommon. I’m not sure what point she’s trying to make.)

Customer: “What else do you do, other than working here?”

Me: “I’m in my fourth year of uni. My major is Science, but I do some electives in Literature and History.”

Customer: *smiles* “Ahhh. So you’re quite educated, as well.”

Me: “I guess you could say that.”

Customer: “Well, I had better not waste any more of your time. But I just want to tell you that I understand now, and I won’t tell anyone.”

Me: “Ah, okay. About what?”

Customer: “Your secret. That you are one of them. A vampire.”

(The customer leaves while I just stand there confused.)

Coworker: “What’s up?”

Me: “I f****** hate Twilight…”


Did you find this story using our Vampire roundup?

Click here to see the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!