Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Is Nacho Day To Be Making Fake Complaints

, , , | Right | April 12, 2020

(This happens shortly after our movie theater opens. I’m working concessions by myself with the occasional help of a manager. We have two food sections in our theater lobby: a concession where we sell popcorn, candy, and the like, and a restaurant where food is freshly made.)

Customer: “There is a hair in my nachos!”

(Though we do serve pre-packaged nachos, the ones she has a problem with are clearly from the restaurant.)

Me: “I’m so sorry about that, ma’am. If you take it over to the restaurant, they’ll be able to make you a fresh plate free of charge.”

Customer: “No! I demand you get your manager here, now!”

Me: “Um… Yes, ma’am.”

(My manager comes over and guides the woman out of line so that he can talk to her. Minutes later, he goes upstairs to the general manager’s office and she walks off to her theater. About five minutes go by.)

Customer: “Excuse me. There is still a hair in my nachos! Fix it!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. My manager went upstairs to talk to his manager to see how they can better remedy your situation.”

Customer: “I want to talk to him, now!”

(This time, the general manager appears around the corner.)

General Manager: “Hi, I’m the general manager. What can I do for you, ma’am?”

Customer: “There is a hair in my nachos and no one has fixed it!”

General Manager: “Here’s what I’ll do: I’ll give you two pre-packaged nachos and two movie passes, free of charge, for your troubles.”

Customer:Forget it! I want my money back, now! This has been the worst customer service!”

(The customer then took the offending nachos and stormed back to her theater. The best part about it all? The person working the restaurant is bald.)


This story is part of our Nachos roundup!

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the Nachos roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!