Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Has A Few Bugs In It

| Right | November 18, 2014

(A customer comes in with a weather station, where there’s a small transmitter that goes outside to give you the outside temperature, and a bigger receiver that goes inside to show you the indoor temperature and what the transmitter is saying the outdoor temperature is. The transmitter isn’t working properly and is saying “LL” instead of a temperature. When a customer comes in with anything they claim doesn’t work, we have to troubleshoot.)

Me: “All right. The transmitter runs on batteries, so I’m gonna swap them out and see if that’s the problem.”

Customer: “Oh, those are brand new. I don’t see why that would be a problem.”

Me: “Well, sometimes it just happens, so let’s look.”

(I open the transmitter and take out the batteries, when something small and white falls out.)

Customer: “What’s that?”

Me: “…sir, I think those are maggots.”

Customer: “Well, how did those get in there?”

Me: “Bugs tend to go wherever its warm, and the transmitter must have been giving off heat.”

(The customer then proceeds to bang the transmitter on the counter, trying to get out all the maggots. Now the counter covered in maggots and I’m starting to feel sick.)

Me: “All right, sir, maybe I should take one more look at it.”

(I took the transmitter back from the customer and went to look in the battery pack, when I saw spiders start to crawl out towards me. I dropped the transmitter on the counter and ran into the back to have a panic attack alone. I came back out and the customer is still there, talking to my coworker, and wanting to get the device replaced. We told him no. Lucky for us, he left his maggot and spider infested product with us.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!