Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Isn’t Sold On The Concept Of Sold Out

| Right | September 28, 2015

(A customer comes in on a busy Wednesday night with five people, looking to see a Bollywood film playing only at one theatre in the tristate area.)

Customer: “Hi, I’d like five for [Bollywood Film] at 7:45.”

Me: “I’m sorry, miss, but that film is sold out. It actually sold out over two hours ago. But we have a 9:45.”

Customer: “What! You don’t even have five seats left?!”

Me: “No, it is sold out.”

Customer: “How come?”

Me: “Well, it is a popular film, and usually movies in the 5:30 to 8:30 bracket are the most popular times.”

Customer: “But how did they all sell out? It is an hour before!”

Me: “Well, people bought their tickets online and in advance. If you’d like, I can sell you five to the 9:45 show. We still have plenty of seats right now.”

Customer: “No. I want five to the 7:45 show.”

Me: “But it is sold out.”

(After a few more minutes of this and an announcement over a bullhorn that we were sold out of the 7:45 show she leaves. About an hour passes and she comes back.)

Customer: “Hi, I’d like five to the 9:45 show of [Bollywood Film].”

Me: “Unfortunately the 9:45 show is now sold out.”

Customer: “But you told me you had plenty of seats!”

Me: “That was an hour ago, though. It sold out about 15 minutes ago.”

Customer: “You lied to me! I’d like to speak to your manager.”

Me: “Not a problem.”

(I called the manager, at which point he tried explaining the same thing to her. No matter how many times we explained to her the concept of sold-out she didn’t seem to understand it.)


This story is part of our India roundup!

Read the next India Roundup story!

Read the India roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!